Today I needed to find who is the developer of an M3 customer modification. There is a bug in the MForms Bookmark of program M3 Customer. Connect Addresses – OIS002 which the developer modified for our customer’s needs, and I needed to report the bug to that developer. But I do not have the MAK training nor tool, so I cannot easily see the list of modifications and their authors. My colleague Shashank remind me of the following answer in M3 Server View.
- Go to M3 Server View (from the Grid Management Pages, or from LifeCycle Manager):
- Find the interactive subsystem that is running the program (in my case OIS002), and select Tools:
- Select Find Class:
- Search for the M3 program (in my case OIS002):
- The line with the customer class will give the file path, version, author, date, and unique ID (in my case I found the author, Rajesh):
- Note: Up to here, we can access this page anonymously, without being an authenticated user nor an administrator (security vulnerability anyone?)
- Now, if we have access to the M3 Business Engine file system, we can open the file itself and see the full list of developers; in my case the file is at:
Let me know in the comments below if you have other tips. Click Like. Share this post with your colleagues. Click Follow to subscribe. And come write the next blog post with us. This is a volunteer-based community, and your participation keeps this blog going. And send some love to the other M3 blogs too. Thank you.