I forgot how to troubleshoot Infor M3 Web Services (MWS) and wasted time researching again. This time I share what I rediscovered so I remember next time.
MWS Designer error
MWS Designer log
We can use an HTTP proxy such as Fiddler to see the HTTP/SOAP request/response:
We can use another SOAP client such as SoapUI to test the web service:
Generated Java code
MWS Server generates Java code for each web service. I do not see any error with the generated code. The code uses Apache Axis2/CXF for SOAP, and the old Intentia Movex MPD for the interactive session:
MWS Server log
MWS Server DEBUG/TRACE
I do not know how to analyze an M3 dumplog, so I will forward it to an M3 developer and ask for help. The problem points not to MWS but to the M3 program. That is as far as I can go in my troubleshooting.
Furthermore, depending on the case, it may also be useful to:
- Intercept network traffic to the BCI port, and troubleshoot the old Intentia Movex BCI protocol; MPD uses M3Session which uses BCIConnection:
- Use the Advanced Grid tools:
- Analyze the Thread dumps:
- Analyze the MWS Profiler:
- Analyze the Grid Status Report:
- Decrypt the encrypted Grid network traffic
- Debug the MWS Server Java code line by line at runtime
That was how to troubleshoot M3 Web Services and digg more information about an error. I dug as far as I could, all the way to M3, and asked help to an M3 developer. Furthermore, there are plenty other ways to troubleshoot and dig beyond.
Please like, comment, subscribe, share, and come author the next post.